Friday, November 25, 2011

Preview : The James-Younger Gang vs. The Chicago Outfit

 

        VS          

Jesse James vs. Al Capone is one of my favorite DW episodes. In my mind it kind of debunked the myth that the warrior with the best  technology will always win, and that the individual skill of the warrior counts for nothing in the face of firepower. But some people dislike the match-up, saying that James was unfairly given two professional marksmen, while Capone was given two Mafia descendents. Some people have also called into question of Jesse and his gang being such great marksmen. I hope by doing my own take on this match-up I can put for rest (at least for now) among these two gangs, WHO IS DEADLIEST?!!

a little music for your listening plesure
         
The Warriors will be judged on the following categories:
Short Ranged Weapons
Mid Ranged Weapons
Long Range Weapons 
Special Weapons
 Explosive Weapons

And the Following X-Factors/ Intangibles:
Tactics
Training
Morale/Motivation
Combat History
Leadership
I'll try to get the James-Younger Gang profile as soon as possible. 


4 comments:

  1. hey man, I think this will be a great fight! This was without a doubt one of my favorite from season 2, and I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    Al capone's boys have superior tech, but much of the James gang fought as guerrilla's in the Civil War, and would be skilled at planning such tactics as ambush and sneak attack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heey
    This looks like its going to rock!
    The al capone versus Jesse james was also one of my favs. Before the match i thought that al would win but at the end, i understood a victory for Jesse james.
    It was not only that jesse james would be more skilled but in the dw match the greatest flaw was the grenade versus rifle matchup. Anyhow, looking good and love the songs

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ares and MM, thanks for the complements!:)

    considering you two are two of the best bloggers out there i hope it lives of to your expectations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. While it wasn't my favorite I none the less enjoyed this episode greatly and I'll be happy to see your rematch ;)

    And man, is Capone ever ugly or what?

    I look forward to this greatly and let the fur fly :D

    ReplyDelete